Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthmom

We met the birthmom for the first time tonight. Its hard to put into words what we experienced. We have mixed emotions. On the one hand, we are so overjoyed at the possibility of calling this baby girl our own, our baby...on the other, we are sad and even heavy-hearted because of the situation of the birthmom.

It was a very emotional time for us. The birthmom got teary-eyed almost as soon as she sat down at the table. She told us more times than we can count how thankful she was that we were going to take care of her baby. She was at her wit's end and she almost feels relieved now, knowing that that baby girl is going to be safe. She knows this is going to be hard and at this point, I think she's just ready for it to be behind her.

She kept saying that she wanted to start fresh - start a new life. She thinks things are going to better for her if she could only get a job, find a house, move out of this area, etc. Its sad because we know that the only One who can give her new life is Jesus Christ and she doesn't know that yet.

Heather writes: Before we left, I told her that all of you are such a great support and encouragement to us. I told her that you were all so excited for us at the possibility of having a baby. But, I also told her that we realize this is really difficult for her and that we are all praying for her. She gave us a couple of outfits that she had bought for Kiara: a Bulls cheerleader outfit and an Eeyore shorts set. I asked her if I could hug her. That was probably one of the most emotional moments of my life - having the possible birthmother of our baby clutch me that tightly sobbing. I am so thankful she chose life.

So, please, as you spend time with our Lord over the next few days, lift this young lady up in prayer. Please pray that God will use the people around her to point her to the only One who can give her the new life she longs for.

2 comments:

Morgs said...

praying hard for you that God's will be done in every life touched by these events...yours, the baby's, the birthmom's, even the lawyers. You guys shine so brightly for Christ...I'm praying that His light cannot go unnoticed for those who need it most during this time.

Blessings and much love to you both....

Morgs

Christina Johnson said...

Hi. This is Christina (Daspit) Johnson. I only went to SEBC for one year in 2000-2001. Not sure it you guys will remember me... Anyway. I just wanted you guys to know that I will be praying for you as you embark on this journey. What an amazing story you already have and it's only the beginning